A Linux version that runs the "Flax Editor" well?

Downloaded the new version of Flax and unfortunately I get error, Glibc_2.38 Not Found, I searched the internet and races that it has to do with GCC compiler and this influences the system, tried to install and even installed but Flax can only see the version of system.

So in “Virginia” Linux Mint 21.3 Flaxeditor is not working, I already updated the system and installed several versions of Glibc until I changed the Path but did not work.

So if someone is using the Flax 1.8 version in some Linux system please inform me, the last alternative would be operating system exchange. For a version where GNU has the Glibc version 2.38

For soem specific Linux archs/setups you might want to manualy compile engine: GitHub - FlaxEngine/FlaxEngine: Flax Engine – multi-platform 3D game engine

1 Like

thank you very much. Linux Mint has this output at the terminal.

Carlos@carlos-dev: ~ $ LDD-Version
LDD (GNU LIBC) 2.39.9000
Copyright (C) 2024 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

But the flaxeditor does not find this version 2.39

Carlos@carlos-dev: ~/flaxengine/binaries/editor/linux/release $ ./flaxeditor
./Flaxeditor: /LIB/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: Version glibc_2.38 'not found (Required by /home/carlos/flaxengine/binaries/linux/release/libflaxengine.so) ./Flaxeditor: /LIB/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: Version glibc_2.38 'not found (Required by /home/carlos/flaxengine/binaries/editor/linux/release/libflaxengine.so)

Here are build scripts that handle linux compilation, maybe you will find sth to tweak for your platform:

1 Like

I changed operating system! Using OpenSuse and it works well, but there are two things that are strange.

When I open some windows there are several icons flashing.
And the layers I am using programming to define them because in the settings it is unnamed empty and marked.
But I’m happy with the new version 1.8.1. I made a short scene and published. running well.
in a few minutes you can do a lot. Thanks to the developers.