Can spline model be smooth?

I followed the manual’s basic tutorial of creating a spline model.

It didn’t mentioned in the document that how to control the spline’s ‘smoothness’, So I guessed ‘Quality’ or something will change the visual.

The ‘Quality’ field of SplineModel says this affects the Tessellation and differ the representation quality
But changing the number didn’t added any polys nor tessellations.

I changed material for the model to increase the max tessellation value, and only sides of model got bent.

This is the wireframe:

My question is…

1. What is the standard way to create spline model and material? Is ‘Deformable’ the only requirement for material setup, or ‘Tessellation’ is necessary?

2. Is SplineModel intended not to add any polys at the corner, regardless of linear/smooth bezier tangent settings? Is tessellation the only option to make curve ‘smoother’?
    If not, how to properly make it?

P.S)

Setting ‘Set Linear Tangents’ distorts the entire curves despite of I made the curve using only lateral copies. Every rotation is (0,0,0) in element list so maybe Y-direction could be reversed, but the model is rolling (X-axis) wild. How to edit this properly?

And Spline Points can be only edited in ‘Translate mode’, not ‘Rotate mode’. So I could move the points but couldn’t rotate it with mouse.
Also changing ‘Spline Keyframs’ point ‘size’ values acted a little weird, Increasing it inside the editor didn’t created controllable points inside the view window.

Use the mesh that has more vertices so they will be properly interpolated over the spline.

Here is an example mesh with quality 1:

Here is the same mesh with quality 0.1:

If you’d like to handle those additional vertices via Tessallation then feel free to open issue on GitHub with this suggestion. Currently, Defomable shader applies vertex deformation in Vertex Shader but it could sample the spline in tests shaders too to make them bend properly.

It depends on the assigned model, understood.

I guess there would be more curvature at the point of elements, is it efficient to use the model which has higher polys close to the end?