Category suggestions for forums

Right now, a lot of threads end up in the “General” category, which makes it hard to filter through the threads in there. I think some new forum categories should be created to improve the ability to sort through the threads:

3D Content and Animations

3D stuff doesn’t really fit into any of the categories already here. One could argue that the Graphics section is appropriate, but I’d say that’s more for stuff like lighting and shaders. 3D models, animations, etc. deserves its own category.

Suggestions

This category is for suggesting new features to be added to the engine. Perhaps a pinned thread at the top should have a disclaimer that all issues and bugs should be reported on the GitHub instead of posted here, along with a link to the repo.

Game Cooking

A lot of people seem to have issues getting their games to cook correctly. I think a dedicated category for helping those people get their games cooked, tested, etc. would be great.

Hopefully we can get these added. Drop a :heart: or comment if you agree.

6 Likes

+1
I would also like to have a “contribution” category. So, as the Flax Store is still closed, people can post their free stuff under this category.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions, I created:

I think Suggestions can still go directly to General. For Game Cooking topics we want to put them into platform-specific areas so it will be easier to navigate around when developing for a specific platform.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll start moving relevant threads into the category.

I added separate sub-categories within a Content category to help organize it a little bit:

1 Like