Curious: Vulkan error logs

Hi guys, just being curious with the Editor logs after recently adding the argument “-vulkan” when opening Flax 1.5. Nothing affect the usage of the engine but I want to make a post to ask whether this considered a bug. Here is the log:

[ 00:03:21.243 ]: [Error] Vulkan SwapChain dimensions are invalid 397x0 (minImageExtent=397x0, maxImageExtent=397x0)
[ 00:03:21.766 ]: [Error] Vulkan SwapChain dimensions are invalid 394x0 (minImageExtent=394x0, maxImageExtent=394x0)
[ 00:03:22.555 ]: [Error] Vulkan SwapChain dimensions are invalid 397x0 (minImageExtent=397x0, maxImageExtent=397x0)
[ 00:03:26.118 ]: [Error] Vulkan SwapChain dimensions are invalid 52x0 (minImageExtent=52x0, maxImageExtent=52x0)

I have my Vulkan SDK installed… Anyway, is it possible that the error is logged because of my unsupported graphic card?

Yeah that’s strange, it looks like GPU Driver returns kind of invalid min/max dimensions via vkGetPhysicalDeviceSurfaceCapabilitiesKHR. What GPU do you have? Maybe you can update the driver? Have you tried other app with Vulkan?

Hi mafi,

I installed Flax Engine on a PC with only integrated GPU - the Intel UHD 730 (btw, just to do quick prototype, no graphics heavy though). Searching through Devices - Vulkan Hardware Database by Sascha Willems proves that at least Vulkan API works with my graphic card.

One more is that the driver is up-to-date and the other app seems to work fine, but with Flax sometimes that Error Log still appear.
I will keep using the Editor to see if any strange behaviour rises up and perhaps I will try to install Flax on some PCs with Intel GPUs as well.

Thanks for the information!