I tried to import a few animated FBXs into Flax, so I went to Sketchfab and download some free models for test.
However, all the models I tested ended up being imported wrongly in Flax, I have yet to find a sketchfab model which animates correctly in Flax.
Again these models are imported correctly both in Unity and Unreal, so I think there is something wrong with Flax FBX parser/importer code.
These are 2 of the models that you can test
These are how they were imported in Flax :
- The “adult guy” model has mismatch Bone and Base pose → this causes wrong Blending weights so the animation becomes wrong too
- The “anime girl” model’s hair is placed wrongly from her face, and when animated, the model just deforms badly
How to reproduce:
- Download FBX from the Sketchfab links above
- Import to Flax as SkinnedModel
- Import the same model (because the animation is inside the same FBX) as Animation
- Create new AnimationGraph and attach the animation above
- Attach AnimationGraph to SkinnedModel
- Hit Play
Flax Version :