Flax Rocks Pack

Heres the base rocks i used in my test scenes. Its a free rock pack from Unity called, Rock And Boulders 2. They have never let me down.

All models, textures and materials are in .flax format.
Textures are 2048x2048.
Materials have all basic textures added: Albedo, Normal, AO, Metallic.
Ive also included: snow maps, height maps, and detail maps, in case you want to use them.

As you see ive included options, and base shader set up (adjust to taste). You can modify them (scale, hue, etc.), any way you like.

[https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IZ7lJ_82O9onAYW9PSxPi81S_sNSQWZK/view?usp=sharing]

2 Likes

That’s super nice!

But, after a bit of digging, the super restrictive Unity license has me a bit worried

Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Unity and except as permitted under the Unity-EULA, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell any Asset that you have licensed from the Unity Asset Store for any purpose.

and

[…]
You agree that you will not, and will not allow any third party to,
(i) copy, sell, license, distribute, transfer, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Unity Asset Store or the Assets, unless otherwise permitted,

At Unity forums, community, etc, we have had tons of convo’s on the EULA and assets, any free assets are just that free, and is legal to even use them in other game engines, hell we have a few community members that are developing a system to transfer your whole untiy project to Unreal Engine, and vise-versa.

I for one wouldnt post any paid assets, no matter where they are from. Ill be posting more assets as i get them put together, and most arent from unity.

Cool stuff! Regarding the license: I'm new (Coming from Unity & Godot)

2 Likes

Love it, as i said, im not worried about EULA, as this has been brought up before, The only new change is the paid asset end.

But, im not posting paid assets, my personal preference… :grinning: