Help me please. I can't build for linux.

I can’t build for linux.
I already downloaded a package named linux from this link.
https://vps2.flaxengine.com/store/builds/Package_1_03_06228/Linux.zip

when extracting it create two folders “Game” and “mono” inside the Binaries folder. But when I go to Game Cook it doesn’t show up for me to build for linux. only have these messages;

“Missing platform data tools for the target platform.
Use Flax Launcher and download the required package”

but in linux inside the “Editor” folder there is no “Flax Launcher”, there is only FlaxEditor

Hello @CMaia, welcome to the flax community, flax launcher is basically what you use to open up your project unless you open it directly from your file explorer, once you open up flax got to engines section and click on the add engine version, it then shows a window look at all the options and make sure to mark anything linux related.
Please tell me if this solves your problem. Also subscribe to this channel for tuts on the engine : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEX517sjGx2hqmm2bgCKoFg

1 Like

Flax Launcher is a Windows-only tool. For Linux we have a dedicated tutorial on how to get started:

Basically, after you download Editor from Download - Flax Engine you can install Platform Data Tools for Linux into Source/Platforms/Linux folder (as specified on the Download page).

2 Likes

@DevXtreme Thanks for answering. being able to make the option to build appear but I didn’t have success in doing the build it gave an error unfortunately I didn’t write it down. I used this: Basically, after you download Editor from Download - Flax Engine you can install Platform Data Tools for Linux into Source/Platforms/Linux folder (as specified on the Download page).
extract into the Linux folder and appears.

@mafiesto4 - Thanks for replying and sorry I didn’t understand when I read the first time. I extract to the location and the build option appeared but I didn’t exist to make a standalone .
Unfortunately I didn’t note the error.

about errors there are two more the GUI keeps stinging and the context menu disappears it is necessary to navigate using the arrow keys to create a new folder or script.

be able to make the visual script work. xD
No problems with keyboard or mouse.