I read that a shop/assets store is planned, however why not use Gumroad to sell assets and code now?

Until there is an official online shop/asset store for Flax Engine why not use Gumroad for example to sell plugin codes and assets for the engine ? There are assets for other 3D Engines being sold there on Gumroad so why not for Flax Engine too ?

Now that Unity is practically dead with their absurd Runtime Fee thing a good 3D Engine like Flax Engine should be a good alternative.
Right now my main 3D Engine for development is Unreal Engine 4.27.2 because 5.x versions are too unstable and full of bugs.
However I might consider Flax Engine for future projects if experienced developers would start selling code plugins on Gumroad until there is an official shop.
The main issue for me is that I can’t speed up development using Flax Engine and I would have to code a lot of things that I just bought on Unreal Engine … I bought less assets for Unity in the last years because I was planning to use it as an option for smaller projects.
Anyway if Flax Engine started getting many cheap assets on Gumroad to let me speed up development just like on Unreal and Unity then I might start using it sooner.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. :fireworks: I think before we have any official Flax Store feel free to make cool things in Flax for other Flax-devs and sell them via Gumroad/Scetchfab/etc. - we can make a separate category on this forum so people could showcase their content and announce it for the community + similar channel on our Discord.

3 Likes

I am definitely looking forward to a shop. I would love to see some of the asset developers on the Unity Store to move some of their stuff to Flax (obviously graphics, models, music and sounds would be the easiest.)