If you aren't familiar with physics stuff, will the engine be tough to learn as regards scripting

If you aren’t familiar with physics stuff, will the engine be tough to learn as regards scripting like quaternions, vectors and other stuffs cos i’m fourteen and i don’t really know physics as a study per say

I’ve spent a small amount of time with this engine, and quite a bit of time with other engines such as Unity, and the physics doesn’t seem to be any easier or harder compared to other engines. In fact, Flax physics and Unity physics are almost identical.

Besides, you don’t really need to know what goes on behind the scenes, all the fancy algebra and stuff. You just need to learn how to tell the computer how to handle those physics calculations, such as “Add Force at this point with this much power.”

Vectors and Quaternions are not physics related. They are a way to store numbers and angles. Again, Flax does not put its own spin on these. Vector math can get pretty advanced, but, in its simplest form, it’s just 3 floats. And Quaternions are a way to store angles.

That being said, if you are having a hard time with the physics in this engine, check out the Flax Documentation, specifically, the Physics section. Really, the Flax Docs are a great place to learn the engine. And your understanding of Vectors and Quaternions will come in time.

1 Like