Is it possible to add .NET MAUI for UI? Render game camera to VisualElement?

I am a Unity refugee. Flax looks great for 3D. I need to use something like Xamarin (dead now) or .NET MAUI though for my UI as it is beyond what any Flax UI can provide.

Do you know if there is any way to use .NET MAUI within a Flax project? Ideally, I would like to have the entire visible app be .NET MAUI, with the Flax game camera rendering to a texture shown on the background of a MAUI VisualELement.

In Unity we could do this by using a camera set to output to a RenderTexture, then set a VisualElement background in the UI Toolkit to that RenderTexture.

Is this possible? If so, how would one get MAUI into the Flax project or do this? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I’m pretty new to this engine but it appears like MAUI is more like an application framework than just a UI library. It would not be possible depending on how MAUI bootstraps its windowing process and draws its controls. However with a hacking spirit anything is possible :slight_smile: though it might be more trouble than its worth.

Flax does offer a way to render to a texture that you can use in a material: HOWTO: Render a camera to a texture | Flax Documentation (flaxengine.com)