Launcher screenshot is different from what I can see

In 1.7.1 release post screenshot there are some built in samples which used for showcase videos (Building Interior, Fantasy Pub, Outdoor forest…) and ‘Get Flax Samples’ link at the top.

But I can’t see any of those demo scene example projects, nor ‘Get Flax Samples’ link. (I tested updating / reinstalling latest flax launcher)

It would be okay at least I can download from samples repository, but what I can see is only that I can see already with my installation.

I remember a compiled demo released at ModDB, but it was binary, not a readable project.

I think there can be a possibility that ‘demos’ are closed assets, but can’t understand that my launcher missing a link button… Is my installation incomplete? Can we get the actual demos shown in only showcase screenshots?

Those projects were developed by Flax Team for showcase but cannot be redistributed (due to licensing).

Arizona Framework Sample can be downloaded from here:GitHub - FlaxEngine/ArizonaFramework: Ready to use, open-source framework for creating games in Flax

I only have basic scene & blank in mine.
I certainly wish that they would provide us more templates to work with.
It’s very disconcerting that they don’t include templates for us.

1 Like

Thank you for answer, and what is ‘Get Flax Samples’ ? Is this old version or something?

“Get flax samples” in the launcher downloads some template projects you can look at. Once they are downloaded and you open them they will be updated to the version of flax that you use

There are templates, you just use the “Get Flax Samples” button in the launcher

But as you can see, it is removed in current versions.

It is not, I redownloaded the launcher recently on another machine to test and the samples button still shows up, but you can also download the templates from the flax github. GitHub - FlaxEngine/FlaxSamples: Collection of example projects for Flax Engine

It is not, I redownloaded the launcher at the post time and a few times later and the samples button never showed up. So I’ve checked/downloaded the templates from the github, knowing there is not ‘Automotive, ArchInteriors, DesertRuins etc’.

What I wanted is the reason why this ‘difference’ happens, and I thought I got the answer before that the button was the legacy and the projects not showing in repository are from the other engines/asset distributions.

But are you now saying I am watching corrupted launcher and examples are hidden in github?
If this screenshot is not a hallucination of one side, possible explanation can be login-sensitive link activation or something.

As you can see, I’ve posted personal screenshot at the top as a proof.
And captured and posted latest screenshot with latest launcher right here as a proof.
I’ve even reinstalled a new fresh launcher to check again just in case.

If you must say you really have different buttons, you should show me your proof to discuss about the differences at least.

I wasn’t talking about those, I said the template projects. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The reason the samples button doesn’t show on your launcher is because you already have the samples. And the reason the showcase projects aren’t there is because they have assets which can’t be distributed, by, for example, providing a download for them.

The button isn’t legacy or anything, and they aren’t scenes from other engines, the projects simply can’t be shared because of asset licensing for the assets contained in the project.