Looking to Collaborate

Hello,

I am looking to collaborate on a Flax project with someone else.

I’d like to:

• Collaborate on a Flax project 8 -12hrs weekly - consistent hobbyist hours
  • Establish a once a week or twice a week Discord cadence or “tag-up”
  • Build a multiplayer demo using my own custom networking “library” which I will show you
  • Contribute to Flax engine during this effort by updating docs/opening Git issues
  • Possibly have a small online video presence of the effort/progress

Who I’m looking to collaborate with:

• Another developer and/or artist desiring to learn Flax
  • Someone mature who is able to commit to the project and establish healthy communication
  • Someone who understands the importance of contributing to the engine’s community
  • Someone interested in seeing something slowly come to life that we are creating

A bit about me:

• I consider myself to be of intermediate skill level with some understanding of advanced topics
  • I am in my mid to late 30’s and have a wife and children
  • I do most of my work in the early morning (US MNT Timezone)
  • I historically enjoy RTS and Moba games, occasionally platformers and TCG’s
  • I have made several small games (unreleased) and one multiplayer game (itch)
  • I have previously used Unity and Godot and have good understanding of Stride
  • My primary tool set is HackNPlan, Rider, Blender, and Gimp

Project info:

• Can be anything we come up with, it’s for collaboration and learning
  • Would either be released open source, free, or commercially depending on result

If you are interested feel free to send me a message here or on the Flax discord. We can chat and see if we’d be a good team.

-HeroCrab

2 Likes

Hello HeroCrab,

I might be interested. I’ve recently run some comparisons between Ue4 (which I like for all it’s tool sets) and Flax Engine. Graphics are pretty on par with Flax… seems the team is improving the editor with updates often, too.
Anyway… I have a 3D background with programming experience. I currently create 2D games for online classes, using the Phaser JavaScript Framework.
I’m in Southern Cali…so about 1 hr time difference between us.
Here is some of the stuff I dable in (under WORK): Personal Website

-Kevin

Thanks for the reply! Are you in the Flax Discord? There should be a link on the main site, shoot me a message there.