Packing Samples/Plugins Best Practices

Hello Frens,

I’ve been enjoying myself perhaps too much with FlaxEngine.
Spent a few weeks poking and prodding, getting acquainted with the how to / what is and just general community observation. My background is with the openGL API in a C++ environment and have put together a handful of demo type games over the years for personal use / self-improvement. Software isn’t my primary occupation but I hobby it hard. Basically, one of those types trapped between art creation and coding, specializing in neither.

The question is, what is the preferred or perhaps approaching standardized ways that distributed work should be packaged. I know there is no one size fits all when considering anything. So far I’ve experimented with the custom editor items and touched the plugin topics. As an example for right now, what I’ve done is put together a sample of something that others might want.

MarkKughler/FlaxEngineSample_ActorAI: Basic Behavior Tree sample for Flax Engine (v1.5) (github.com)

I’ve chosen the General Forum for this thread instead of Scripting or the Showcase section for this because I consider the sample trivial. I’m more interested in a better understanding of what the vision is for user created content being shared and at the same time, not step on toes.

I’ve familiarized myself generally with
Public Projects | Flax Documentation (flaxengine.com)
and probably more to the point have gone through most of scripting tutorials.
Tutorials | Flax Documentation (flaxengine.com)

I suppose the genius from the team may be to plant the concepts in a simplified form and see what grows out from it. That I can respect. For the most part though right now, this is just my way of saying hello and hoping to keep it casual and easy going. Okay, maybe a bit of self-promotion. :slight_smile:

I’ve learned may years ago not to be trigger happy and think first.
See you around…

Editor ActorAI FlaxForumDiscussion - YouTube

1 Like