Should release the showcase content

I really think you guys should release the showcase content to give the community something solid to play around with. The engine looks great so far, but having some default assets to play around with would work miles better to gather interest than your current demo rooms will.

Agree but unfortunately, showcased scenes are using assets we bought for commercial usage but without a license to redistribute.

Personally I don’t mind having only starter examples, but I would advice adding a minimalistic example also for the other sections of the documentation :

• character animation with motion blending (ex: a walking character who can also run and jump).
  • terrain with foliage (ex: hills with grass and trees);
  • AI navigation (ex: a capsule actor in a cubic environment, which goes where the user clicks on the ground).

There are probably several public domain assets from the Blender community websites that you could use for that purpose.

1 Like

You’d imagine that the developers could find an artist willing to work with them to create new assets that they can distribute. Heck, I’d be happy to make something for free, though I’m far from the best modeler out there.

Of course you’ll have to check the license, but there are lots of free assets for grass, bushes and trees on Turbosquid :

For instance :

Yeah, you can definitely find a ton of free models online. Usually they’re licensed under some attribution license.

But, may I point out that the Turbosquid license actually does have a part that might eventually prevent Flax from using it?

In general, to prevent your end-users from obtaining TurboSquid 3D Models, you should use proprietary formats that cannot be extracted, exported, or decompiled without reverse engineering.