Hello, I’m trying to debug a C# script with VSCode, the breakpoints stop the Flax editor but not in VSCode.
More or less I’ve followed the manual:
- installed latest VSCode and needed extension
- compiled Flax with Editor.Development for Win64
- launched the Editor with -debug 127.0.0.1:55555 (so no need to change the VSCode launch.json file)
- opened the FirstPersonShooterTemplate example
- double click on the file Source\FirstPersonShooter\PlayerScript.cs
- in VSCode put a breakpoint in OnUpdate at the Shoot lines
- pressed Start Debugging with “FirstPersonShooter (C# attach)|Editor.Windows.Development|x64” (but they all seem the same)
- now I see two threads and the Finalizer running
- back in the Editor, pressed Start Game
- the game runs
- pressed mouse to shoot, the editor freezes (correctly, like if it has hit the breakpoint)
- back in VSCode, the breakpoint is not hit, the threads are still running, the Pause button does not work
- pressed Disconnect, the editor goes back to running
It seems like this:
but this was already solved.
Do you have any pointers? Does the Mono debugger have a log?
Different topic, how can we debug the editor? in the same way?