How to enable anisotropic filtering of floor textures?

I’ve started working on my first project in 3D in Flax… after messing about with 3D in Godot, Unity and Unreal this past 6 months and feeling overwhelmed , I have to say that Flax and its documentation is a breath of fresh air!

Anyway, I’m making a small ‘Back Rooms’ level to test out what I can do for a larger project, and I’m wondering how to enable anisotropic filtering , so that I don’t get that horrible moire pattern and distracting speckling of the fine carpet texture as illustrated in the following screenshot.

I’ve found a tutorial in the docs but I’m not sure if its the what I need to do… I’m not quite sure I get it anyway.

HOWTO: Use anisotropic texture sampler | Flax Documentation (flaxengine.com)

I might suspect that your texture doesn’t have mipmaps because it looks so jittered. Could you post ta picture of that texture opened in Editor? Under General panel you will see texture format, memory size and mip maps count. If there is 1 mip level you can use Max Size property and reimport texture to generate mip maps for it (it has to be power-of-to for mip mapos).

1 Like

That’s sorted it.

My texture image was 1000px, so I reimported it to resize to 1024px.

Thank you!

1 Like