Light Materials

Hello! I am new to the engine and have been trying to figure out how to implement lighting materials. These would be materials that are processed on the given light as to provide specific effects such as applying a mask or, in my case, applying SDF shadows and ambient occlusion. This would be similar to Unreal Engine’s Light Functions. Does something like this already exist within the engine, or would it require becoming a requested feature?

Could you summarize your concern? I would love to volunteer!

Basically I cannot seem to find a simple way of having a light be filtered through a texture, or, better yet, a material. For example, applying a colored texture to a light in order to make the light it generates a multitude of colors rather than only one fixed color. Or, in the case of a material, applying a bit mask texture which modulates over time and fakes a shadow passing by every few seconds, allowing the faking of dynamic shadows without the cost. The best example is unreal engine’s light functions, though I will not link to them here, as I do not know this forum’s ruleset that much.