Mass rigid bodys - "will it blend?"

Hello

My hobby is to play with mass physics

its not even useless - almost every time its good way to test software. In the past, every project launch in maya/physx ended with my report to the developers of the physx plugin…

So in blender can`t work more with 150k rigid bodys - blender will it all my 32 gb ram((

Example what i am doing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKzzQK2XTCI

Blender physics is slow as hell and not optimized

So question is - can flex candle mass rigid bodys sim ?50rk?100k?

Can i explode house of 50k rigid bodys?

You can check out this sample project that creates large amount of boxes that collide on a ground: GitHub - Tryibion/FlaxPerformanceTest

We use this project for some performance testing.

Is it normal ? it does nothing
only 1 cube

Load the Stress Test Scene (Content - Scenes)

In answer to your first question… I don’t think Flax supports GPU scene acceleration (although PhysX does, it is problematic for robustly writing games for different platforms and specs). If you want substantially more than 10k bodies you will probably have to tune the PhysX setup, not least to include more collision memory. Realistically I would not bother, robustness and stability are not going to be there, and performance issues for users will inevitably be a problem.

Blender (bullet physics) and Flax (PhysX) are both using CPUs, running semi-implicit Euler integration (fast, but not accurate - perfect for gaming) and will be getting heavily loaded by collision calculations (there are ways to bucket these to drop some of the overhead, but a simpler non-rb strategy would be better), I’d expect performance to be similar, but I’ve not tested anything in Blender.

If you want busy looking 3D explosions you would be better off cheating with the addition of animated billboards and boids around a reduced rb count.

10 fps with 50k
well much faster then blender