Problem about transparency rendering

Hello, I’m having a strange problem. I wanted to add shore to the water. I made a separate model for this and assigned it a transparent surface material. For some reason it doesn’t appear when he’s above the water. It only appears in the refraction camera. If the water is opaque, there is no problem. But if it is transparent I have this problem. I made a video to explain the problem better.

I have depth, refraction and reflection cameras for the water effect. I think it has something to do with them, but I don’t understand why. What do you guys think could be the reason?

Maybe transparency sorting by depth (objects are drawn from back to front) is the problem here? Maybe manual transparency order per-material would help?

Thanks. So how do I set the manual transparency order for each material? I couldn’t find any information in the manual.

Emre you cant at the moment, it will require a material/header update to the shaders , mafiesto4 i could add it to this pull if you like ? it already require a update so would fit perfectly there , let me know :slight_smile: On top rendering using MinDepth and MaxDepth. by plemsoft · Pull Request #839 · FlaxEngine/FlaxEngine · GitHub

2 Likes

This is what i could add , would only take 1 hour or so , let me know ?

2 Likes

Hi, any progress? Have you guys forgotten me already? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I added Transparency Sort Priority - ability to sort translucent objects to the roadmap for the upcoming 1.5 update (soon). I think it should help with this problem.

2 Likes

Great! Thanks!

Great added it to this pull , as it also need a material update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Added transparency sorting property per-object (eg. model, particles, sprite, 3d text) to support manual sorting: Add `SortOrder` to drawable object types for transparency sorting ove… · FlaxEngine/FlaxEngine@adfe3ad · GitHub (for upcoming 1.5 update)

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you!

Just to be sure, I’m asking; I will be able to change the transparency order of the two models(or two different materials) with this update, right?

Each model can have separate Sort Order - so you can for example put water surface to be rendered before particles (or vice-versa).

1 Like

I tried it and it works really great. Thank you very much! :heart: