What are you excited for in 1.7?

Thought I would start a thread to discuss exciting changes for the upcoming 1.7 engine work. What are you excited for? https://trello.com/c/tOuCopsL

1 Like

I am excited for behavior trees and AI work! I think that it will be a great addition to the engine to allow me to create better game characters.

3 Likes

Some cloth in progress:

cloth_wip

8 Likes

I’m excited for the UI styling and tooling updates the most, but I’m also very happy about the foliage improvements.

2 Likes

Are we going to be able to “paint” various levels of hardness for the cloth?

1 Like

yeah, each cloth particle can have its own max distance to constraint its movement.

3 Likes

@mafiesto4 Maybe a small QoL request for 1.7?

When the drop down selector is clicked it needs to:

• pick up the current name in there and not just the top.
  • If possible we can simply highlight a part of the existing name to get the texture in lieu of scrolling/arrow.

We do have drag and drop but the content list adds a lot of clicking since dragging across it to the Material Instance window causes the expansion of content folders. This is not bad with a small project but with a large one it adds A LOT of clicks.

Flax QoL for Texture Selection

Thanks

Good idea! @Tryibion added that: Add scroll to selected asset/content item on asset picker select menu open. by Tryibion · Pull Request #1265 · FlaxEngine/FlaxEngine · GitHub

2 Likes

It would be good if you add actor icons to the scene hierarchy, for clarity.
https://forum.flaxengine.com/t/icons-for-actors-scene-heirarchy/886

This idea created by @Jar looks good :slight_smile:
NBBF0Uv

3 Likes

This is much needed. I do think the icons could be a bit smaller or be more spaced out, however.

1 Like

I think that the text between the actors is quite crowded, the icons should not be smaller. It would be enough to add a little more space between the actors.

1 Like

will u be able to import an fbx file with multiple animations? its kind of strange to import every animation as a seperate fbx file.

You can already do that. Set the import to animation and select split object.

really? i ment importing a skinned model with animations in the file and extract them from the skinned model file. is that possible?

FYI: I pushed UI styling/tools/improvements and shadow maps atlas caching from Flax 1.7 to Flax 1.8 on a roadmap so we can release 1.7 quicker and focus on bugfixing/stability now since we have flood of new users from Unity so we need to polish some quality bits.

4 Likes

Personally, I would be happy to see the lightmap support for shadows, ao and direct lighting, a line renderer, Occluder/Occludee support, a HAND tool to move the whole viewport at the mouse speed and a quick way to switch views with 1 click :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes